Sofitel, Broadbeach - Two nights is not enough!




I've just spent two nights at the Sofitel, Broadbeach and I can tell you this is a nice hotel.

Why? The beds are very good (thick quilt doonas, super soft pillows and sink in mattresses), the spa is just right and there is a separate shower (always nice). There are several small touches which make an extra difference - a loofa in the spa, big, thick fluffy robes and slippers, complimentary herbal tea and choccie, luxurious shampoos etc.

And then there's the view. My king corner suite had a view that stretched up and down the coastline - very spesh! The continental breakfast buffet was full of interesting choices and they all tasted like real food - unlike some hotel breakfast buffets I have experienced. I didn't try the cooked breakfast - just couldn't fit it in!

It's just over the road from Pacific Fair and you can hop on the monorail for a quick visit if you feel the need. The Gold Coast Convention centre also is close by.

I've eaten at Room 81 (not on this visit) and was impressed by the quality of the food. Each night when I retired after a hard day on the road (not!), Room 81 seemed to be pumping and could be a good spot for a few drinks. The hotel is hard to fault, really!

Sofitel Gold Coast.

Disclaimer: Ed+bK was a guest of the hotel.