Qld wins in the I Love Food Awards

There were several Queenslanders who were national winners in the I Love Food Awards. Judged by popular vote, the mix of winners is interesting as many are well deserved and others - what the?

Congratulations to national winners -
EUROPEAN Baguette Bistrot+Bar, Ascot
ITALIAN/PIZZA Parso's Gourmet Pizza, Pacific Pines
MEDITERRANEAN 1 Two 3 Mediterranean Dining, Broadbeach
CAFE Campos Coffee, Fortitude Valley

In the Queensland section the winners were -
ASIAN Siam Orchid Thai Restaurant, Burleigh Heads
CAFE Campos Coffee, Fortitude Valley
COFFEE Merlo Coffee, Fortitude Valley
EUROPEAN Baguette Bistrot+Bar, Ascot
FISH AND CHIPS The Fishmongers Wife, East Brisbane
HAMBURGER Grill'd (Healthy Burgers) Rosalie, Rosalie
ICE CREAM The Chocolate Room, Coomera
ITALIAN/PIZZA Parso's Gourmet Pizza, Pacific Pines
LATIN AMERICAN Serrano's Mexican Cantina, Beenleigh
MEDITERRANEAN 1 Two 3 Mediterranean Dining, Broadbeach
MIDDLE EASTERN Taboon, Robina
MODERN AUSTRALIAN Restaurant Lurleen's at Sirromet Winery, Mount Cotton
PIES Yatala Pie Shop, Yatala
PUB/BISTRO The Caxton Hotel, Petrie Terrace
SEAFOOD Fish D'Vine, Airlie Beach
VEGETARIAN The Forest Cafe, West End

Amongst the well deserved winners are Baguette, Restaurant Lurleen’s, Campos Coffee, Merlo Coffee and The Fishmongers Wife - all fine establishments.

I won't comment on those I haven't visited but the last time I had a pie from the Yatala Pie shop I swore never to go back again. Now I’ll have to give it another go but they are only getting one chance.

Grilled, Rosalie's win has sparked another personal 'Search for' on E,D+bK. This time it will be the perfect burger because I think I can find something better than what I've had at Grilled. Stay tuned for this one.