Cooking, eating and my iPad


I think I'm what's known as an early adopter - I just love to get new gadgets when the first come onto the market, so it was paining me that I couldn't rush out an buy an iPad when it first came out.

But I've got one now and I can't tell you how much I love it.  It's a reader, offers easy access to the internet and a much faster way of accessing email on the run plus it's the source of heaps of fun.



Before I started playing with it, I didn't realise there would be many ways would blend into my life as Eat, drink and be Kerry.

Firstly helps me cook dinner using ABC Foodi which has favourite chef recipes from ABC programs. the Chefs include Maggie Beer, Poh Ling Yeow, Bill Granger and our own Alison Alexander! I just love the way it jumps pages (so my hands don't dirty it while cooking) on the command of 'ingredients' or 'next'.


I'm also enjoying reading Gourmet Traveller on the iPad and would like to congratulate the team that puts it together.  It's so much more fun than the magazine and no problems with storage of magazine copies.

Donna Hay is releasing an iPad version of her magazine in October.  You can get all the info on it here

Jamie Oliver also has an iPad recipe collection which is free to download but you have to pay for extra recipe packs.  I haven't done that yet so I'm not sure how it all works.

One of my Facebook followers has introduced me to Pulse which is an app that aggregates websites on your favourite topics.  I'm using it to follow all my favorite food blogs in one convenient spot.  It's awesome.
And of course I can watch all my fave ABC food shows of ABC iview any time I want. Bliss.

I'm sure it won't be long before we all have iPads and they are incorporated into every part of life.  You may as well get one now and get used to it!

Are you using your iPad to enhance your food experiences?  Do you have some favourite food apps?

Please share your likes and dislikes,  and favourite food apps in the comments below.