Be quick or you'll miss the chance to win three ticket packs to the 2011 Brisbane Good Food & Wine Show from November 4-6 at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
The three winners will receive access to show on any one day from Friday to Sunday, plus double pass to a Bacardi Sensology cocktail class of your choice, where expert mixologists take you through a simple, step by step guide to making and serving some of the world's most iconic cocktails. Choose from the legendary Mojito, Cosmopolitan, Pina Colada, Breakfast Martini or the Daiquiri... plus of course the finished cocktail is yours to enjoy once the session ends.
If you'd like to win a ticket pack - leave a comment below explaining why your cocktail technique needs improving and then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 midnight Wednesday.
I'll pick the three comments that amuse me most!
This year, as the Queensland food and produce industry strides with innovation and freshness post last year’s floods and cyclone, there’ll be plenty to explore including, for the first time, a dedicated Gluten Free section.
Celebrity chefs to hit the kitchen at the Show include Matt Moran, Manu Fiedel, George Calombaris, Gary Mehigan and Tobie Puttock, plus loads of classes and demonstrations including:
• Riedel Decanter Bar – savour speciality wines with a panel of wine experts.
• Riedel Wine Theatre – get your taste buds tingling as you sample top drops and master the art of wine/food matching with Australia’s finest viticulture experts.
• CheeseMatters Discover Class - cheese experts step you through a cheese tasting, matched with a glass of fine wine or beer and other accompaniments.
• Sunbeam Academy – cupcakes and coffee, the essentials of life. Tie on an apron and learn to master the making of both with tips from the pros.
• Oxford Landing Estate Restaurant – be transported to South Australia in an instant and enjoy dishes prepared with the best SA ingredients and perfectly complemented with a glass of Oxford Landing Estates wine.
• Barilla Pasta Class – enter the interactive ‘Casa Barilla’ to learn more about pasta – taste it, and try to make the perfect pasta dish yourself.
• Chef Book Signing Sessions – we all have our favourite – and this is your chance to meet them and have your cookbook signed.
Adult ticket prices start at $21.50. A VIP Ticket is available for $98.50 on the Friday and Saturday. This ticket includes an exclusive opportunity to meet your favourite chef at a VIP function, front row seats to a Celebrity Theatre Session of your choice, champagne, nibbles and a cook book. Tickets are limited to 50 per day.
For those who love their reds and whites, the Winelovers Ticket is available for $75. It includes Show entry, a Riedel Decanter Bar session, a Riedel ‘O’ Series boxed glass, a bottle of wine and a copy of Gourmet Traveller Wine Magazine. Package valued at $120.
Brisbane Good Food & Wine Show