Baked eggs in Napoli sauce Spring style - recipe


I do love eggs for breakfast.

I've invested in an egg cooker which turns out boiled eggs just the way I like them with reasonable consistency.

But after making these Baked Eggs in Napoli, courtesy of a recipe from  Spring Food & Wine, I'm a convert.

This is such an easy way to prepare enough eggs for a crowd at the same time and they are truly delicious.

The secret is, of course, in the sauce and the use of rich red Noosa Red tomatoes. Vine-ripened tomatoes might do at a pinch but I really recommend getting the best flavoured tomatoes you can find.

Here's how to do it.


Ready to go into the oven

These cute micro herbs were supplied to sprinkle on top but torn basil leaves would work well too.


Can't be bothered cooking breakfast or feel like breakfast out? Spring does breakfast five mornings a week - Monday to Friday.

Bottom line: So easy, any one can make this.
Best tip: Buy these cute, flat ramekins first and tell me where you got them.  I want five more.

Spring

Kerry Heaney