Postcard from Taiwan


I'm feeling the love here in Alishan National Scenic Area in Taiwan, just like this heart-shaped tree I found while walking through the park.

It was just after the two lakes which, from local history, remember the story of two sisters who fell in love with the same boy.  Of course that didn't end well, but pagoda on the lake was a pretty spot to stop and enjoy the reflections.

Alishan is big, 415 square kilometres in size, and my guess is that most of it is mountainous, waterfall-covered hillside, carpeted with rich green vegetation.  

The people are generous, helpful and welcoming and I'm enjoying my visit.

A find out more about Alishan at www.ali-nsa.net and more about Taiwan at www.taiwan.net.tw

Disclaimer: Ed+bK is travelling around Taiwan with the support of Taiwan Tourism Bureau.