My Mistress, Clayfield



"It's time to visit My Mistress" are words that only become okay to hear from your partner if they are talking about the coffee shop newly opened in Clayfield.

Head there for a cheeky fling, something on the side or the main affair - yes these are all all the menu.



Owners Natalie Vostok and Rhiannon Redmond have certainly had a lot of fun developing their menu which has a delicious selection of offerings. Rhiannon, who also owns She Bangs Coffee in nearby Albion, told me that just about everything is made in house.

The delicious peach, white chocolate and coconut muffin that I tasted certainly was freshly baked and made to a home style recipe.




I'm heading back to try some of the other offerings and hope I won't fall over laughing as I work my way through the menu.

You can start with a Cheeky Fling (as many do) and dabble in some middle eastern fruit loaf or Levian toast with a layer of gourmet jam. There's also the now-mandatory acai bowl with fruit for health nuts.


When it comes to the Main Affair the choice includes Eggs Marilyn, two golden sunny side up eggs with a  creamy hollandaise, or Eggs Monica which are scrambled with a bit on the side including blistered tomatoes.  I love the subtle puns.  Can you suggest some more egg dishes in the same vein.

There's Morning Glory which has smoked bacon along with the egg and some swiss cheese, all on a toasted bagel and french toast with the same bacon topped with maple syrup that's called Sweet Thang.

You can have a bit On the Side (haloumi, avocado or mushrooms) with any Main Affair.  It's all a bit like life really. 

I imagine the locals are loving My Mistress and it's sure to hot on the dinner party conversation circuit.


Recommended for: The casual cafe setting will suit anyone looking for good food without fuss.  Suitable for children and dogs.
Best tip: Lots of parking available in the adjacent streets.
Bottom line: Expect to pay between $12 to $18 for a main, small coffee is $3.50.


Disclaimer: Ed+bK paid for her meal.