Noosa Afloat

One of my more pleasant jobs this year was taking a cruise up the Noosa River for the Celebration of Australian Food and Wine - Noosa Style festival in May. It was tough cruising up that beautiful river eating food prepared by top chefs David Pugh of Restaurant II and Sunshine Coast local Matt Golinski, but someone had to do it. My task was to write a six page article for Selector, the magazine produced by Wine Selectors, which is Australia’s largest wine and food focused lifestyle magazine.

It recently published in the summer edition themed ‘Seafood & Semillon’ which includes Pete Evans’ sensational seafood menu, Maeve O’Meara’s Mediterranean, tasting Canberra on the Poacher’s Trail, plus recipes from Tobie Puttock, Peter Howard, Amanda Gale and Matt Golinski.

It's not hard to guess from my story that I really enjoyed the cruise and I hope you'll enjoy the article if you have the chance to read it. My thanks to David Pugh and Matt Golinski for their assistance in supplying recipes and generally being good blokes.

The next festival will be held on May 1, 2 and 3 and the Seafood Afloat tour is again being offered with David Pugh and Serge Dansereau in the 'kitchen'. Find out more at www.celebrationofaustralianfoodandwine.com.au

My thanks also to Noosa Springs for accommodation while I stayed in Noosa. www.noosasprings.com.au


Posted by Picasa