Seafood Market, Noosa


The moment I walked through the door of this fish shop I knew I was in the right place.  I was looking for some good fish for dinner and I found it.

This is not your average fish shop - for a start there's no chips, nor battered fish.  Instead there's an overwhelming aroma of fresh seafood . The shelves are filled with home made sauces and flavoured butters.  There are marinades and vinegars, chutneys and oils. Oysters are shucked daily and there's a selection of meal solutions on hand.


But it was the long cabinet of fresh seafood that you can pick and choose from that really got me excited. I chose some lovely local snapper fillets that I pan fried that night. It was delicious.

The other good things about this shop are that it's open every day till 6pm and there's plenty of parking outside.


Seafood Market
Cnr Cooyar St and Lanyana Way, Noosa Heads. 5449 2555

Here's where I like to stay on the Sunshine Coast at Sunshine Beach.