Search for the perfect cupcake - Sparkle - Sydney

The search for the perfect cupcake has inspired dedication beyond my dreams! Here's a guest blog from Paperdoll Princess Zoe who, before she moved south of the border, was a member of the E,D+bK cupcake tasting team.


"I had heard about Sparkle even before I moved to Sydney. The upmarket cupcake store to end all cravings. Inside its modern and shiny and slick. Their menu isn’t made up of ‘normal’ cupcake varieties and they sell Moet by the glass.


Safe to say I had pretty high expectations when I visited there. I also got really excited because they were located in the same street as the one I work in. So I quickly found and visited Sparkle within days of being here. And I wasn’t that excited. So I decided to wait until I had time to properly review it and I went back.

They all look the same so the only way to tell them apart is by using the colour chart.

My particular addiction is vanilla cupcakes and this was their special so I was excited. No need to be- the general consensus was that the cakes were quite dry and the icing was never quite right. They only real standout was the celebration cake- kumquat and passion fruit which is limited edition. The lavender and honey one tasted like I was drinking lavender and the apple cinnamon variety was just cinnamon.

All in all I wasn’t really impressed by Sparkle, but it does get lots of positive recommendations from Sydneysiders.

Sparkle Cupcakery
132 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills 2010
Phone (02) 9361 0690