The easy solution would have been not to open the door but once faced with a full cake box of treats the only answer was to try some while sharing with friends. So I did.
Unfortunately there was more trying than sharing (so hoping the boot camp trainers are not reading this - I'm not looking forward to wearing the loser t-shirt they hand out on Fridays) cause they were definitely yummy.
- sweet Torciglioni (brioche filled with an orange scented chocolate custard coasted with sugar and cinnamon),
- Brioche Viennese (sweet brioche bun soaked with Alkerries liqueur, filled with orange custard)
- Panezerottie di ricotta (sweet bun filled and baked with sweet ricotta and dusted with icing sugar),
- Fiori di mandorla (almond meal biscuits flavoured with lemon topped with icing sugar),
- Cedrini (soft outer almond casing filled with mazelnut, almonds, cedro and rich Dutch cocoa.
- Crostata di fichi e mandorle (fig and almond tart)
- Torta Giapponese - almond sponge, orange liqueur, zabaglione, melted dark chocoate and Dutch cocoa.
Cibo Espresso has three bars at New Farm, West End and Chermside, Brisbane.