Turkish Delight Cheesecake

Sometimes you've just got to do it and Turkish Delight Cheesecake is one of those things.

I had been wanting to try this since @mismelaniejayne mentioned it as her dinner party finale. She bought it from Jocelyn's Provisions in James Street. It's just around the back of James Street with an entry off Doggett Street and plenty of parking for Jocelyn's customers.

My first opportunity to try the cake for a dessert was number one son's birthday.  He is a turkish delight fiend but I didn't know the cheesecake came decorated with real rose petals - a not very boyish touch! However his ever loving sister said he would 'just have to suck it up' and convinced me to buy the cake.  She didn't have to try hard....

I loved the combo of choc crumb base with the creamy, pretty pink filling laced with big jewels of turkish delight and a generous swirl of raspberry jam.  We didn't eat the rose petals but I bet you could. (I'd much rather save my calories for the cake).

You could serve this with a nice blob of good quality vanilla ice cream and maybe some chocolate swirls for extra drama, but it's fine just as is.  It lasted a couple of days in the fridge and was just as good at the end.

Jocelyn's tell me they have the Turkish Delight Cheesecake most days and it's very popular. I'm not surprised.

Jocelyn's Provisions
Centro On James Shop 8 Cnr James & Doggett Sts Fortitude Valley (07) 3852 3799

Jocelyn's Provisions on Urbanspoon