If someone had told me I would be munching on crisp, bubbly beef tendon, barley and lamb tongue, wafer thin slices of air dried beef and kim chi for lunch I would have said probably not.
But I couldn't keep my hands away from the platters at Esquire as we mingled pre launch for the Noosa International Food & Wine Festival , to be held May 16 to 19.
It's ten years since this festival started and this year they are pulling it all out for four days of foodie mayhem.
Festival director Jim Berardo says more than 200 of the the world's most prominent chefs, winemakers, food personalities, media and foodies will gather in Noosa for the program.
This year sees two days of the popular food trails, but get in quick if you want to do these as they are sure to book out. I've done the Seafood Afloat Trail and that is a magical experience but this year I have my eyes set on the Asian Food trail.
There's plenty to excite on the program but some of my top picks are
- Gala Opening Night - Edible Music - music themed to food - how good is that?
- Asian food trail
- World Class Cocktail Competition on the Beach - it's a rare opportunity to dig your feet in the sand and drink cocktails on Noosa's Main Beach.
- Sunset concert at the Lookout, Noosa National Park with dinner at View on Little Hastings on Friday night
- Debate: Food and Wine are Better than Sex - Saturday afternoon
- Seafood Feast on the Beach - Saturday lunch on Noosa's main beach
- Noosa High Tea by the River - high classics from sweet masters Adriano Zumbo, Eric Pernoud and Matt Major
- Everyone is an Expert - blogs, public opinion websites, e-zines, mainstream press, the hand of the law - this is a panel and audience discussion with eight up the front including me! The Courier-Mail Life Annexe, Sunday 2.15 - 3.30 pm.
- Oh, and the After Party at Gaston Bar Bistro on Sunday evening.
|Beef and kim chi|
|Barley and lamb tongue|
|Ike jime coral trout|
|Murray cod, mustard and dill|
|Calotte of beef, parsley and onion|
|Lamb belly, cavolo nero and anchovy|
|Campari, orange, curds and whey|
Disclaimer: Ed+bK was a guest at the launch event.