Tastes of the tropics


Here's something that's definitely on my wish list. Not only does it include one of the nicest places to stay but you also get to learn how to cook from really top chefs - hard to beat.

Last year on a trip to North Queensland I was lucky to stay at The Elandra at Mission Beach. It's one of those places that has a special feel to it and you just can't help relaxing and enjoying yourself. I spent a whole day just lying by the pool.

Now they are hosting a series of cooking-based events with a stellar lineup of high profile celebrity chefs. ‘Tastes of the Tropics’ is a series hosted by Australia’s top chefs. Curtis Stone (‘My Restaurant Rules’, ‘Surfing the Menu’ & ‘Take Home Chef’), Matt Moran (‘My Restaurant Rules’, ‘The Chopping Block’, ‘Heat in the Kitchen’, ARIA Restaurant & Opera Bar in Sydney), Luke Mangan (‘Today Show’, Glass Brasserie, Hilton in Sydney, Salt in Tokyo & South Food + Wine in San Francisco) and Geoff Lindsay (Pearl in Melbourne) will be hosting a series of innovative and exclusive cooking events in March, April, May and June 2009 respectively. At $2,700 per person ($2500 twin share) it busts my poor writer's budget but I hope you've got the spare cash. Enjoy.
Posted by Picasa