Two Michelin star chef Michael Caines MBE wowed the guests with four fabulous dishes that showed why he is so highly respected. Michael finished the weekend by presenting a seven-course dinner of outstanding food that had guests on the edge of their seats.
Susur Lee was one of the early instigators of fusion food and within restaurants stretching from Canada, USA and across to Singapore. He showed us a style of food that is rarely shown here that gave us a greater understanding of east meets west.
If you didn’t have the chance to see the stars of the Masterclass Weekend, here is your opportunity to taste their creations.
For the month of August 2010 The Atrium will feature a select menu showcasing the best of the 2010 Hilton Brisbane Masterclass Weekend.
2 courses and a glass of featured wine $35.00 per person
3 courses and a glass of featured wine $45.00 per person
2 courses and a glass of featured wine $45.00 per person
3 courses and a glass of featured wine $55.00 per person
The Atrium 07 3234 2000 or email: email@example.com
Week 1, 26/7
- Chilled Salad of Freshwater Crayfish, Avocado Shiso Cress and Fresh Wasabi, Toasted Sesame and Soy- Nick Holloway
- Salt Bush Lamb loin, Slow Roasted Onion and Cavolo Nero - Jacques Reymond
- Iced Goat Cheese Ricotta Parfait with Caramelized Peppers and Almonds - Christiano De Martin
Week 2, 2/8
- Horopito and Citrus Kelp Cured Akaroa Salmon on Confit Fennel, Crème Fraiche and Karengo Fronds - Christiano De Martin
- Venison with Braised Pork Belly, Chestnut Puree, Roast Vegetables and Raisins soaked in Jasmine Tea - Michael Caines MBE
- Passionfruit Mousse with Passionfruit Sorbet - Michael Caines MBE
Week 3, 9/8
|Thomas Schnetzler's chocolate surpises at Masterclass|
- Butter Poached Prawns, Spiced lentil Toasty with Yoghurt, Cucumber and Curry Leaf - Nick Holloway
- Baharat Beef with Olives- Lindey Milan
- Asiette of Petit Dessert -Thomas Schnetzler
Week 4, 16/8
- Steamed Duck Winter Melon and Shiitake Mushroom Soup - Martin Boetz
- Meen Moilee - Latchumanan Supramaniam
- Tong Yuen - Susur Lee
Week 5, 23/8
|Seared Hervey Bay Scallop taster from Masterclass|
- Pomelo Ginger and Cashew Nut Salad with Green Chilli and Crisp Garlic -Martin Boetz
- Seared Hervey Bay Scallops on Skordalia and Gazpacho Gel -Russell Armstrong
- Banana parfait with Caramelized bananas and lime foam -Michael Caines