Cupcakes at Comfort At My Table, Milton




The search for the perfect cupcake took me back to Comfort at My Table this week and I was lucky enough to find what I was looking for.



The secret to tasting a Comfort at My Table cupcake is to arrive early, before they all sell out.

And I did. At 10am the cupcake display was full of luscious looking cupcakes wrapped in silver and topped with a generous swirl of icing.

When it came to the taste test they passed with flying colours. The red velvet cupcake which owner
Naomi (Nims) Zavackas told me is based on the Magnolia, New York recipe, was a very deep red with the rich, heady flavour of cocoa and a light, creamy butter icing and gluten free!

I was strong and managed to resist tasting their take on an iced vovo - a lovely combo of raspberry jam and coconut with a biscuit texture.


But I did come away with a bottle of their cranberry relish that I plan to enjoy with ham for my Christmas feast.

Shop 5/19 - 23 Cribb St, Milton, Brisbane  +61 7 3162 8574.
Open Monday to Friday 7am 'til 4 pm.