Foxy Drop, Woolloongabba


Perched high above the bar, the fox at the newly renamed Foxy Drop casts a disaproving eye over the premises.

He reminds me of the tiger that used to twitch its tail at the museum when ever my children pushed the button, one of V Diddy's faves.

The Foxy Drop has morphed from the Foxy Bean, a coffee spot on the same site.  It's a bigger, brighter and more welcoming set up with cushy leather chairs and a bar to prop yourself up at.  There's a lot of Queenslander charm with pressed metal for the bar backdrop, decorative arches and VJs of varying colours lining the walls.  The effect is warm and cosy.


I particularly liked the vertical green wall and the pot plants hanging from the ceiling.


The lunch menu I saw still was headed Foxy Bean and I'm hoping they have something a bit more coming as the cafe grows into it's restaurant/bar shoes.  My lunch companion Matthew chose a steak sandwich and struggled to finish it. Great steak he said, but a lot of food.  Sounds like reasonable value for the $17.90 price tag.



I went for a sandwich made with house smoked salmon which was delicious.

We were tempted by the freshly house made desserts on offer - well who wouldn't be tempted by chocolate oreo and peanut butter tart? But I was strong. Drat!


The breakfast menu includes the usual suspects, granola (even though that term is not 'legal' now days), banana bread, avo toast and eggs done a couple of ways.  My pick would be Bushman's Benny which is a savoury mince, poached egg and hollandaise combo. Prices range from $6 to $17 and breakfast starts at 6am till 11.30am unless its the weekend when you can sleep in and still have breakfast until 1pm.

There's a courtyard at the rear which is decked out in astro turf for a green look.  It looks inviting and I could imagine this whole place going off on a good night.


When I visited they were still waiting for a liquor license.

Bottom line: I'll be going back to check the dinner menu.
Best tip:  I think the beer garden/courtyard could be a lot of fun.

Foxy Drop
896 Stanley St (corner Potts Street, East Brisbane
Wed – Sun 6 – late