Have you followed the cream of Australia’s cooking crop to The Hub at Brisbane's South Bank?
The Hub (that's it in the background of the image above) is home for a week-long series of mouth-watering cookery demonstrations designed to showcase Queensland’s first class produce.
This custom marquee with a state-of-the-art commercial kitchen has been built at South Bank Cultural Forecourt to cater for cooking royalty including Matt Moran, Matthew Evans and Damien Pignolet.
The daily chef sessions (until 28 July) are a highlight of the first delectable Brisbane food and music festival.
delectable’s creative director Anthony Bastic is excited to see such talent sharing their skills, tips and tricks with the public while celebrating Queensland’s finest produce.
“Having this calibre of chefs slicing and dicing at South Bank’s new riverside kitchen, called The Hub, is an opportunity for everyone and not to be missed,” Mr Bastic said.
A sample of The Hub’s public sessions:
• 6pm Monday 23 July – Poh Ling Yeow (a journey of classic Malaysian cooking using fresh ingredients sourced from North Queensland).
• 10am, Tuesday 24 July – Matthew Evans (creating winter comfort classics).
• 10am, Wednesday 25 July – Damien Pignolet (delicious winter salads balancing flavour and texture).
• 6pm, Thur 26 July – Damian Heads (the best and simple ways of cooking different cuts of beef).
• 6pm, Friday 27 July – Matt Moran with Valli Little (a culinary journey through three courses).
• 1pm, Saturday 28 July – Luke Nguyen (Vietnamese street food using Queensland produce).
Chef session tickets are limited – sessions are $45.00 or $60 for two.
The complete program is at www.delectableqld.com.au.