|Food tip for the week - try the chorizo scotch egg at Alfred and Constance.|
Want to know what’s happening on the local food scene?
- Congratulations to Sake and Head Chef Shinichi Maeda on winning Best Asian Restaurant in Australia at the Host Plus National Restaurant and Catering Awards.
- Get ready to welcome Loft in West End taking the space formerly occupied by Uber. Expect mixologist cocktails from Matt Hewitt and a snappy food menu to tempt grazers. Upstairs from Archive, Loft will also cater to eclectic beer tastes. Opening November 20.
- Chatting to Matt Moran on Friday at the Good Food and Wine Launch, I heard his new bar on the Boardwalk at Eagle Street is set to open in early December, Council hiccups permitting.
- Alastair McLeod has just left on his tour of Vietnam,Cambodia and the Mekong River with 32 lucky guests. With Al in the lead it’s sure to be fun. His next tour is boating through France in 2013.
- Alfred and Constance, next to Limes Hotel in Fortitude Valley, has finally opened its doors. Time to be seen at the Tiki bar.
- Pony Dining opens today in Eagle Street Pier. Take the escalator up and turn left instead of right into Sake.
Stay tuned to Eat,drink+beKerry every Monday and I’ll make sure you are in the loop. Make sure you don’t miss out by subscribing to this blog.
Top tips from local foodies
Try the cheese guys at Jan Power’s Wednesday City Market - really fantastic stuff.
Steve Sheldon, Monty’s Chocolates
Chorizo Scotch Eggs at Alfred and Constance -
I concur Michelle - the Chorizo Scotch Egg is a stand out.
Smart tips for Eagle Street lunches
Here’s something for bargain hunters - For two weeks starting Monday, November 12, office workers in and around the top end of Eagle Street can receive a series of exclusive deals and discounts available at a wide range of Riverside eateries, direct to their smartphone.
The Riverside precinct encompasses the Pig & Whistle pub, bar, restaurant and club Friday’s, Jellyfish restaurant, Groove Train café and Bar Merlo.
Sign up for the promotion online and decide each day which offers you want zapped to your phone. Flash their phone to redeem.
General Manager for Riverside Centre John McBeath says the idea is to encourage busy office workers within a walk of the precinct, out from behind their desks:
Disclaimer: Simply spreading food news - no payment involved here.