Love these suggestions for combining pears and cheese in the cheese matters newsletter.
- The yellow-coloured Williams pear works well with blue cheese, but you also can try a sweet brown Beurre Bosc pear with Vintage Cheddar, a juicy Triumph with Camembert or the delicate Red Anjou pear with Brie.
- Roast pears in a little butter for 20 minutes and serve as an accompaniment to blue cheeses.
- Layer thin slices of pear, smoked chicken and Vintage Cheddar Cheese onto a puff pastry sheet and bake until golden. Serve topped with rocket.
- Try a salad of baby spinach with chargrilled bacon, chargrilled pear wedges, Goat's Cheese and toasted walnuts with a light lemony dressing.
- Poach pears in Sauternes dessert wine and serve with Mascarpone and crushed toffeed almonds.