Denim, Southbank


Walking along Southbank on Saturday morning I stumbled on Denim and stopped for a heart starting coffee. It was Lavazza and good.

The cabinet filled with goodies caught my eye. Love the look of the Italian Peach sweets - almost too nice to eat!

There were some other serious sweets but unfortunately it was too early to put them to the taste test. I'll try to head back here to sample the wares properly.

Breakfast looked good and there were plenty lining up for a meal. There's quite a bit of seating, but much of it is backless benches so it's probably not a place to linger all day long.

Denim
Little Stanley Street, Southbank
p 3844 0302

Comments

  1. I have been eyeing those peach sweets, too! Are they simply gussied-up macarons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I knew! I am determined to buy one after my next walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gorgeous looking peach sweets are described on the menu as Italian Peaches - sugar coated sponge soaked in Galliano with a custard centre. $8.90. Unfortunately they sold out on Saturday night and I wasn't able to try one this morning. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad! Sponge soaked in Galliano sounds like a sweet afternoon treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't forget the custard centre!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why not make them yourself http://www.anneg.net/2011/02/wedding-peaches/ definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments - really makes my day! If you like this blog please follow by email or subscribe.