This Sunday the Granite Belt will once again showcase their fine wares at South Bank.
The markets are held in Little Stanley Street,South Bank from 10am to 3pm.
Apart from the cost of parking at South Bank (a one off fee of $15 even if you only stay for an hour - and on a Sunday), this is one of my personal fave markets.
My best tip is get there early, snaffle some street parking and enjoy the range of fresh produce, wines and products.
Look out for a series of five food and wine matching sessions hosted by well known chef Peter Howard. Peter will present classic red and white wine varieties, plus some exciting alternative varieties with food suggestions. About 30 food and wine producers from the Granite Belt will be making the trek to Brisbane.
You could be one of the six members of the public who will have the chance to join Peter’s tasting panel in each session- see programme below.
Sessions 1 & 3 WHITES (10.30am and 12.30pm)
· Sirromet 2007 Sparkling Chardonnay Pinot Noir
· Casley Mount Hutton 2007 Chardonnay
· Robert Channon Wines 2008 Verdelho
Sessions 2 & 4 REDS (11.30am & 1.30pm)
· Harrington Glen 2007 Merlot
· Granite Ridge 2004 Shiraz
· Summit Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
Session 5 STRANGE BIRDS (2.30pm)
· Ballandean Estate 2008 Viognier
· Symphony Hill 2007 Petit Verdot
· Hidden Creek 2007 Tempranillo