Growing your own veggies

Every time I hear about another pesticide scare or the value of eating organically I get a little closer to growing my own veggies.

I'm not there quite yet but the idea is just getting more and more appealing.

If you are thinking along the same lines, "Organic - Don Burke's Guide to Growing Organic Food", New Holland ($29.95) is a great place to start.

It's got some good step-by-step advice on how to build your own veggie beds,  fertilise the soil the organic way, and how to sow and grow healthy crops.  There's also an A-Z guide to veggies and fruits to grow and an annual sowing calendar.

I've got one copy to give away so if you'd like it, leave a comment below.

Comments

  1. Maybe, just maybe, your copy of Don's guide to organic gardening would cure me of lack of green thumb. I'm the least successful home veggie gardener on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eirin McGhee4:53 pm

    I hear you Kerry! I try to buy organic as often as possible but the prices are so high on some of the things. I am moving to the country in less than a month though and effort no 1 is definitely to create my own veggie garden. Really want to teach the kids how to grow and appreciate pesticide free food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma Daley5:16 pm

    You should take the plunge Kerry, it feels pretty good eating from your own garden! I've only just started but I'm hooked already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will trade you this book for the same of the best thai restaurant in brisbane? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, i meant *name* not same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tempted to discover the name of the best Thai restaurant in Brisbane, but I put your names into a hat and Erin McGee won! I'll post your book Erin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments - really makes my day! If you like this blog please follow by email or subscribe.