Tonight I’m drinking – Smirnoff Espresso!


I do love a cocktail. It's the flashy way the bartender whips it up in a drama/panache combo and pours it deftly into my glass that captures my imagination.

There was less panache and more panic however when I attempted the same trick in Chez Heaney but the results still had them coming back for more.

I don’t think it was my stylish presentation but rather the smooth, somewhat addictive taste of Smirnoff Espresso.  I could become rather fond of this spirit but it’s a limited edition product and will only available in duty free stores until August 31.  Dang!

Smirnoff’s rather innovative marketing technique for this product was a tasting session via Twitter with a Smirnoff mixologist armed with Twitvids showing how to make the drinks. Even with my limited cocktails making skills I turned out a surprising selection of drinks that had the family clamouring for more.

The Twitvids are full of good techniques and make the whole process very easy.  Give it a try - but pick up a bottle of Smirnoff Espresso while it lasts.

This is the kit Smirnoff sent me.
Introduction to kit




Here’s how make the cocktails -

Recipe 1: Cola 

This was my fave as it had smooth tones of caramel which I just adored. The orange zest was a great finishing touch and it was all so super easy. 

Recipe


Recipe 2: White Russian 

This one was easy to make as well and tasted a bit like Tia Maria.  A nice sweet cocktail which would be great after dinner.

Recipe - Step one
Step two

Raspberry cocktail


Another great drink which goes down very easily.

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3

I hope you are inspired to make some of these cocktails and don't forget to pick up a bottle before August 31.  Another excuse for a quick international trip. :)