Foodies guide to Brisbane

Can't find your foodie bliss in Brisbane? Your days of moaning are over!

Grab a copy of Karen Reyment's new book "the 2012 foodies' guide to brisbane" ( Hardie Grant Books rrp $29.99) and you'll discover more than 360 butchers, bakers, food stores and chocolate makers.



I'm lucky enough to count Karen as one of my friends and never fail to delight in seeing her smiling face at the various functions where food lovers seem to rub shoulders.

I shared Karen's journey as she travelled around south east Queensland hunting down the newest and brightest and the tried and true to bring together into the book.  I was impressed by her professionalism and dedication to the job, which like many things, was at times frustrating. Well done Karen!

Apart from the impressive listings, what I also like about this book is it's inclusive nature.  Karen sought opinions from leaders in their fields on a wide variety of subjects from wags and macarons to caviar and cupcakes (moi). It's great to see people whose expertise has sometimes been overlooked, shine in this format.

And then there's the contributors, two other foodies I am proud to call my friends, Sally Lynch and Mei Yen Chua.

This is the sort of book you need to have handy for ready reference both when searching for ingredients and when on the road.  Karen tells me the iPhone app version will be out soon and it will be a must have on my phone.

And if you know of something that should be in the book and isn't - just email foodiesguide@hardiegrant.com.au  because there is always the next edition.

Bottom line: recommended.

Find it at most bookstores, some good food shops and online.