There's a stupendous line-up of global and Australian culinary stars for the second annual Qantas “Best Dinner in the World” event with seven illustrious chefs all drawn from the prestigious S.Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurant List. Each will each prepare one course of the degustation dinner, to be held at berardo’s restaurant & bar on Sunday 20 May.
· Mark Best – Three hatted chef and owner of fine dining Marque Restaurant in Sydney
· Fergus Henderson – Leader of the ‘nose to tail’ dining movement and owner of the renowned St John Bar & Restaurant in London
· Alvin Leung – China’s “demon chef”, leader of Extreme Chinese Cuisine and man behind Bo Innovation restaurant in Hong Kong
· Davide Scabin – Italy’s famed hyper creative molecular gastronomer from restaurant Combal.Zero, Turin
· Ben Shewry – Australia’s hottest foraging chef of the moment from The Age Good Food Guide Restaurant of the Year, Attica in Melbourne
· David Thompson – Regarded as the world’s most comprehensive authority on Thai food and the name behind London’s Nahm Restaurant
· Seiji Yamamoto – Chef pushing the boundaries of Japanese cuisine, from Nihonryori RyuGin in Tokyo
Premium Australian and old-world wines for each course will be chosen by internationally renowned Lisa Perotti-Brown, Master of Wine and Asian wine correspondent for leading U.S. wine advocate, Robert Parker’s famed newsletter eRobertParker.com.
The ‘Best Dinner in the World’ was launched with the support of Qantas, at the 2011 Festival and was a sellout success. With the world’s best chefs on offer for 2012, it will again be a feature event for the Festival, focusing the world’s attention on Noosa and Australia as a spectacular destination with a bounty of incredible produce.
Two hundred of the world’s most prominent chefs, winemakers, media and food personalities will descend upon one of Australia’s most magical settings, Noosa and the Sunshine Coast for the Noosa International Food & Wine Festival from 17-20 May 2012. Tickets for the Festival and the Qantas Best Dinner in the World will go on sale early January 2012.
One thing is sure, tickets to this event won't come cheap and you'll need to throw in accommodation and airfares if you are not lucky enough to live close by, but what a present!
Watch this space as more entertainment, international and Australian names for the festival are announced: http://www.facebook.com/NoosaFoodWineFestival
Or for further information on the Festival check out: www.noosafoodandwine.com.au