The Real Food Festival is returning to Maleny in the beautiful Sunshine Coast Hinterland on September 8 and 9 September.
Last year over 4500 visitors flooded through the gates and, with the support of major sponsor IGA Sunshine Coast, the 2012 Real Food Festival has been extended to two days to give more people the opportunity to participate.
• Over 100 exhibitors – all from the Sunshine Coast – with displays covering a wide range of food and
food-related interests, from primary producers to prepared food
• Cooking demonstrations in The Natural Foodstore Real Food Kitchen, featuring talented local chefs including Cameron Matthews (pictured above) and special guest, Martin Boetz, from Longrain
• A special Market Chef cook-off between Sunshine Coast Mayor Mark Jamieson and State
Environment Minister Andrew Powell
• Eumundi Markets Kids Arena, which is dedicated to inspiring kids with pizza-making, Market Chef
competition between high school teams, plant potting, talks, activities and entertainment
• Jeffers Market Nourishing Ideas venue, which will host experts sharing advice on eating for good
health for the whole family
• Food for Thought talks on subjects such as local food systems and indigenous food heritage
• Live entertainment with seating on hay bales under the Big Red Tent
• Book signings with speakers and presenters
The Real Food Festival is about authenticity: all food on display will have been grown or produced in the Sunshine Coast bioregion according to the interconnected Slow Food principles of good, clean and fair.
You’ll be inspired by passionate producers and chefs, see where good food comes from, follow the food chain from paddock to plate.and have a fun family day out.
Disclaimer: This is not a paid post