|Regatta Hotel Exec Chef Shane Keighley|
Greetings from down town Lombok in Indonesia. I'm presently lazing by the pool at the Novotel Lombok with my travel writer friends after a few days of hard conferencing.
Here's the latest food news for Brisbane and beyond.
To The Regatta Hotel’s Exec Chef, Shane Keighley (pictured above) who captained the Australian Culinary Olympics Team in Germany to two Silver medals overall, and coached the Junior National team to Gold!
Jersey Girls Cafe
Forget the Jersey Boys, it's all about the girls here as farmhouse cheesemakers, Granite Belt Dairy, open the Jersey Girls Cafe in the Granite Belt.
The cafe value-adds to their cheese production made from their own dairy cows and makes meals from their own cheese and veal. The Granite Belt Dairy uses sustainable farming practices and makes the only true farmhouse cheese made on the Granite Belt.
What's a farmhouse cheese? It's cheese made right from the pasture to the platter from the milk from a single herd of animals (jersey cows here) from one farm. www.granitebeltdairy.com.au
- Chocolate Moments has opened in Brisbane Arcade with truffles, chocolate shots and fudge. Book a three hour chocolate cooking experience if you dare.
- The Kitty is Brisbane's first bar open 24 hours a day. It's located in the Treasury Casino Hotel.
- Look out for Matt Moran's new Brisbane River Bar opening at Eagle Street pier for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Long awaited Pony Lounge is tipped to be opening soon also in Eagle Street Pier. Expect a wood fired grill and rotisserie in the open kitchen.
- Philip Johnson's new gig, Bistro One Eleven, at new office tower One One One Eagle Street has opened. The promos promise 'innovative breakfasts, lunches and dinners daily, coupled with casual sophistication' combined with with Brisbane River and Story Bridge views.
- Boutique espresso bar, Espresso One Eleven, on the mezzanine level offers casual coffee, beverages and light meals.
Stokehouse has something special planned for those with Champagne tastes, with the next in its series of wine dinners. On Monday, 12th November Stokehouse will host its first Champagne Dinner, hosted by award-winning wine writer Tyson Stelzer and featuring some of the world’s most distinguished labels. Indulge with five delicious courses along with complementary Champagnes, for $220 per person. Guests will also receive a hard-back copy of Tyson Stelzer’s The Champagne Guide 2012 – 2013 as a special gift. Contact (07) 3020 0600 or visit www.stokehousebrisbane.com.au.
Disclaimer: Sharing food love - nothing more.