Noosa International Food and Wine Festival 2013 is celebrating 10 years with a food, wine and lifestyle program to delight cooks, serious foodies, lifestyle enthusiasts and families.
From May 16 to May 19 some of the world’s best chefs, Australia’s celebrity chefs, wine makers and Australia’s hottest entertainers will descend upon Noosa.
“We are proud to have built this event to something truly world class” says Festival Director Jim Berardo.
“The Festival originated to acknowledge and promote Australian produce, wine and talent. Now Australia has a real presence in the world of food and wine and we have recognised this by the overseas talent that we are bringing to the Sunshine Coast," Jim says.
2013 Festival Highlights:
- The Gala Opening Concert, Edible Music, will be a world first combining the talents of several of Australia's most acclaimed musicians with ten of the world's foremost chefs from the S. Pellegrino World's Best Restaurants list. Themed to the music of the QLD Virtuosi Orchestra under the baton of Guy Noble, the chefs will demonstrate their fabulous canapes as Festival guests sample these gastronomic delights culminating in a surprise grand finale.
- Two Qantas International Degustations featuring ten chefs from S. Pellegrino World's Best Restaurants list and six of Australia's leading chefs.
- A ‘Salute to Ten Years’ Degustation featuring chefs from our first food and wine festival.
- Three sublime Sunset Concerts with drinks and canapes at the iconic Noosa National Park Lookout in a special Festival marquee followed by dinner at three of Noosa's premium restaurants.
- A new Barefoot Beach Marquee located on Noosa's idyllic Main Beach which will host some fabulous new events including the Australian final of the World Class Cocktails Competition, a World Class Food & Cocktail Pairing Dinner and a Seafood Feast on the Beach.
- A Japanese/Indian Lunch with matched beers from Asahi and Kingfisher.
Festival favourites still on the menu include the Lifestyle Lunches, Riverside Picnics, Wine Masterclasses and Guest Chefs at Sunshine Coasts Restaurants.
Festival-goers will have access to chefs from the S.Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurants list including
- Mark Best (NSW),
- Andre Chiang (Singapore),
- Mauro Colagreco (France),
- Carlo Cracco (Italy),
- Peter Gilmore (NSW),
- David Kinch (USA),
- Yoshihiro Narisawa (Japan),
- Ben Shewry (VIC),
- David Thompson (Thailand) and
- Tetsuya Wakuda (Singapore/NSW)
The entertainment line-up includes Timomatic, Jane Rutter, Taryn Fiebig, Mahogany, Thomas Crane with Queen Bohemian Rhapsody, The Fabulous Singlettes and Martini Club.
General Admission tickets this year are $40 (adult) or $20 (accompanied child under 13) and will include Celebrity Chef Cooking Demonstrations, Culinary Exhibition, Courier Mail LIFE Annexe, Food Critics Cooking Competition and the live entertainment program.
A great way to experience the Festival is with a Weekend Gold Pass that includes VIP admission to Friday’s Westpac Welcome Cocktail Party, Saturday and Sunday entry to hospitality pavilions and preferential concert seating. Cost is $330 per person.
For the ultimate Noosa International Food and Wine Festival experience, indulge in four-days of food, wine, lifestyle and entertainment with the Platinum Experience. You will have access to the new first class platinum lounge with a private bar and restaurant area fully staffed with concierge services. The Platinum Experience also includes VIP tickets to the Thursday night Edible Music Concert followed by a Barefoot Dinner on Noosa’s iconic Main Beach, attendance at a Qantas Premium International Degustation dinner, Riverside picnic, a special Penfold’s lunch with winemaker, Peter Gago, premium seating at all festival entertainment and transfers to and from your accommodation to the events.
Purchase your tickets before April 1, 2013 and receive a 10% discount (offer excludes tickets for Guest Chefs at Sunshine Coast Restaurants, Qantas Premier International Degustation Dinners, Sunset Concerts and the Platinum Experience).
Noosa Food and Wine Festival 2013