So you are up to your eyeballs in chocolate but still want to have an eggy Easter? How about these sure-to-impress tea-marbled quail eggs?
They combine the Asian tradition of marbled eggs with tea gastronomy. A simple, but stunning starter or combine with a quail salad for extra points. I'm sure this would work with any kind of egg so don't be put off by having to source quail eggs.
Dilmah Soaked Quail EggsIngredients:
2 tablespoons of Dilmah Ceylon tea
15ml dark soy sauce
100ml light soy sauce
2 star anaise
1.5l chicken stock
20 quail eggs
- Add all the ingredients, except for the quail eggs, into a pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place the eggs in the liquid and cook for a further ten minutes.
- Remove the eggs and gently crack but do not peel
- Return the eggs to the liquid for 1 hour (and up to 3)
- Peel the eggs when ready to serve