Here are some tips from Campos in Fortitude Valley, Best Coffee Shop in Australia according to the Lifestyle Channel’s public-voted I Love Food Awards.
- Use 10g per 150ml of water or 20g for a 300ml plunger.
- A coarser grind is preferred, but not too coarse. It should put up soft resistance to the plunger as you push the filter down.
- Use water a minute or so after boiling, so the temperature goes down to around 95 degrees.
- Steep the coffee for five minutes..
- Stir softly before plunging.
- Pour immediately after plunging.