Spicy Sweet Treats for Valentines

 


These beautiful biscuits from Cakes by Judy C arrived on my doorstep last week so I decided to give my love an early Valentine dessert with a sugary but spicy dessert.

The spiced love-heart shaped cookies are made with a dash of cinnamon, chilli, salt and pepper, which Judy says is designed to get the blood pumping. Judy’s top serving suggestion for the love cookies is to enjoy them warm topped with ice cream and raspberry sauce.

I sandwiched mine between some premium vanilla ice cream and drizzled my home made raspberry sauce around them. I’m not sure who enjoyed the dessert the most but I know there were lots of oohs and aahs.

To make the raspberry sauce I simply simmered some frozen raspberries with a small amount of sugar and water till the raspberries were soft and mushy.  A dash of lemon juice heightens the flavours. You can blend them and sieve the sauce if you want but I like it just as is. I saved some frozen raspberries to decorated the top.

Boxes of five spicy cookies are available at Cakes by JudyC’s Ashgrove store for $12.50.

Cakes by JudyC also have hand decorated, made-to-order cookies which are topped with sweet messages and pretty things those who love to send cute, sweetie-pie messages. Decorated cookies start from $2 ea and can be made-to-order with your choice of message, so ask in-store or call ahead.

Cakes by Judy C
Shop 1/227 Waterworks Road, Ashgrove
P  3366 9111