I went to the Dutton Park Market and this is what I saw


Strolling around a market is one of my favourite weekend activities.

I love the chance to discover something new, try new flavours and chat to the market stall holders - too much chatting if you ask my long suffering companions K2 and V Diddy.

Peter Hackworth has been running markets around Brisbane for 23 years and currently operates the Kelvin Grove Markets and the Riverside Markets.  Her latest venture, the Dutton Park Markets, draws stall holders from both locations plus some newbies.  

There's about 100 stalls with a good mix of  fresh produce, food to eat for breakfast or lunch, plus some clothing and gift lines.

Set around the old Boggo Road jail, the market has a great open air ambiance with plenty of green grassy areas to take a break.  As its high on the hill, there was a nice breeze blowing around the stalls on what turned out to be a hot late spring morning.

The market is on every Sunday and ends at 1pm.

The market is set around Boggo Road Jail


mmm... new tablecloths... hold me back - My Indian Summer


Found these Red Daccas bananas which are supposed to have a slight raspberry flavour- can't wait to try them.

This lady grew the red dacca bananas at Wamuran, just near Caboolture north of Brisbane.

Put on your stern guard face I said - and he did!  Sure scared me. Take a tour around the jail.

Levian Bakery  had a great range of products

K2 tried one of these and said it was delicious



My fave here is the sour dough multi grain.

Did someone say chocolate - Noosa Chocolate Factory





Bottom line :  This is not a farmer's market but there's a good selection of fresh produce. A pleasant market experience for all the family. Worth a look.