Fabulous market finds at Airlie Beach, Whitsundays



The famous Whitsunday sun was hiding when I visited the Airlie Beach/Whitsunday markets held every Saturday from 8am till around noon but we still had a lot of fun walking around and checking out the offerings.

The markets are easy to find - just walk along the Esplanade on the Airlie Beach foreshore and entry is free.

Like most markets it's a mixed bag but there is plenty of local produce with a smattering of clothing and junk. The lovely beachside ambiance is very attractive in any weather.





My favourite purchase was designed to set teeth a chatter back home and has proved a constant source of amusement. It's never worked as promised, turning on with a hand clap, but the noise of the chattering parrots drives my dog Tucker into a frenzy and brings him running which can be very handy. I plan to reveal it as a table centre piece at some stage just to annoy everyone a little more.



And yes, I know it is very tacky and poor taste - that's just why I love it!

Here's what I saw-


Fat free and delicious, just wish it was sugar free as well.

Such a range of herbs and veggies, wished I could have taken some home.



Of course I found cupcakes!

These cupcakes were simply delicious



Whitsunday Markets

Related posts
A taste of luxury - Hayman Island