Search for the perfect cupcake - Cocolat





I think I've found it - the perfect cupcake.

But, and there's always a but, I'd really need to try it again, and again, and again. And that won't be happening anytime soon as the cupcake was  in Adelaide.

Maybe it was escaping from every day life or just surviving the walk from the very sleezy end of Hindley Street (make sure you put the emphasis on the 'Hi' or they'll know you are a tourist according to our taxi driver), that made the cupcake taste so sweet, so deliciously moist and chocolatey, with icing that rolled around in your mouth and shouted 'eat me'!


It was a tip off in Tiger Tales, the inflight magazine for Tiger Airlines, that sent me to their door. We had wandered down Hindley Street, past the male strip shows and red curtained doors to Rundle Mall.  The Mall is identical to every other Mall in Australia and, perhaps,  now the western world.

Thankfully, just after the mall, we discovered a great food precinct with lots of interesting restaurants and Cocolat - a dessert cafe with cake, gelato and coffee.  It's renowned, according to Tiger Tales, for its truffle trees.

As we were heading to dinner we, or my gallant partner, carried the cupcake for what seemed an endless walk to discover Adelaide's other CBD eat street - Gougar Street. It survived the journey well and was a wonderful end to the night.


Bottom line: Seriously good, but so it should be for the $6.50 price tag!

So it's up to you, dear readers, to tell me whether the other cupcakes at Cocolat live up to the promise of my chocolate fantasy.

Cocolat
283 Rundle Street, Adelaide. p 08 8232 6133

OMG -I've just seen that I could have had another cupcake at their airport shop - life is cruel!