It was time to put away the pen and the keyboard and talk food with two other food lovers, Michelle Evans from the best-selling book 4 Ingredients and fruit and veg expert Rob Vermeer on Sunday in 4BC’s Fresh on Sunday program from 12 noon to 2pm.
I was keeping the chair warm for host Dominique Rizzo who was cooking up a storm on the Gold Coast.
It was great fun especially since the first thing I saw was a huge bowl of Tim Tams for us to munch on during the two hour show.
Fresh on Sunday is all about food and we talked to a wide range of food lovers including -
- Best-selling cookbook author and blogger Tania Hubbard who founded the Gluten Free Grain Free Company
- Australia’s most awarded barista Tim Adams, who recently opened Lamkin Lane Espresso Bar in Caloundra creating a new haven for coffee lovers, was the next guest. Tim is the current AustralAsian Specialty Coffee Association Queensland Champion, a title he also held in 2009 and 2010, and the only Queenslander to take out the national prize.
- I took Michelle and Rob on a virtual truffle hunting tour in Canberra sharing my recent experience with Sherry McCardle-English at French Black Truffles
- We talked spice with Vicki Taylor from Red Hot Chilli Pepper, a Caloundra-based one-stop spice shop and cooking school.
- Rob Vermeer unveiled three plates of seasonal local produce for us to try – stuffed bell peppers and zucchini flowers prepared by Mantle Group Executive Chef Deniz Coskun (former head chef of Brett’s Wharf). Deniz is on a mission to revolutionise perceptions of beef consumption and sustainability with a Nose to Tail Beef Degustation Dinner on July 31 at the Pig and Whistle, Riverside. More details here
And then Matt Kirkegaard came on to talk beer and Jennette McCosker, the inspiration behind Kim McCosker’s best-selling 4 Ingredients, shared her tips for frugal living.
Dom will also be away next week so I get a second chance to try out her chair. Call in and talk to us on 13 13 32, SMS your questions to 0427 13 13 32 or email email@example.com
Fresh on Sunday