If you are hoping to inspire luck in love on Valentines Day, here are 10 aphrodisiac foods that might just do the trick.
The perfect menu for Valentines Day starts with a glass of champagne and and appetiser of guacamole. Follow with a dozen oysters and an asparagus quiche topped with basil.
Share a banana and finish with chocolate covered almonds and a few figs for good measure.
If you would like to treat your special Valentine with a one and a half hour mobile (it comes to you) Ripple Massage Day Spa Package, please leave a comment below. We are looking for your most romantic Valentines Day experience, real or imagined. Check the conditions at the end of this post.
Here's what to eat and drink for Valentines Day.
1. Great champagneEvery one and everything looks better through the bottom of a champagne glass.
2. ChocolateMakes us happy because it contains theobromine, a stimulating alkaloid similar to caffeine.
3. OystersMighty high in zinc which raises libido. Casanova ate 50 raw oysters every day.
4. AlmondsRegarded as fertility symbols throughout history.
5. AvocadoThe Aztec's name for the avocado tree was the 'testicle tree', and Spanish Catholic priests at one time prohibited their consumption.
6. AsparagusSaid to boost histamine production which will get you there faster, if you know what I mean.
7. BananasGreat for blokes evidently, except a banana left on a doorstep indicates that a marriage is about to take place.
8. BasilHas a warming effect and is a love-token in some parts of Italy.
9. EggsAn ancient fertility symbol that enhances libido when eaten raw.
10. FigsFor their sexy appearance and texture.
Valentines Day is February 14, in case you were wondering.
Give away details:The Ripple 1.5 day spa package is valued at $150. There is one voucher package to be given away.
Ripple Massage will come to you at many places around Australia including Brisbane, Ipswich, Gold and Sunshine Coasts, Mt Tamborine, Byron Bay, Coolangatta, Tweed and Kingscliffe. Also available Sydney, Victoria Central Coast NSW and Tasmania. Check the website for full details
Leave a comment below with your most romantic Valentines Day experience, real or imagined, and send me an email with your address so a voucher (valid until January 2014) can be posted to you. - Note there is only one voucher up for grabs and only one entry per person please. You must leave both a comment below and send an email to be in the running.
The competition closes at 5pm EST, February 13, 2013.
Disclaimer: This is not a paid post Ed+bK was given a voucher by Ripple Massage for this give away.